As the only military non-profit in Central Oregon, there are endless opportunities to provide respect, support, and advocacy to our local Veterans and their families. Without our dedicated staff, this mission would not be possible. We encourage you to explore our website and to ask members of the community about our organization as you consider a career with Central Oregon Veterans Outreach.
COVO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports Diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Landlord Outreach and Support Specialist – COVO
The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program at Central Oregon Veterans Outreach (COVO) is designed to serve very low-income, primarily homeless Veterans, and their families, following the Housing First model. This position’s primary role in Landlord Outreach is responsible for increasing access to both private and public rental markets for Veterans moving from homelessness to permanent housing. As Support Specialist, this position provides administrative support for the SSVF team.
- Establish relationships with landlords to assist in locating appropriate housing, especially those who have multiple barriers to obtaining permanent housing
- Develop outreach materials and agreements with landlords that will provide rental units to help homeless clients access and maintain permanent housing.
- Act as a liaison and mediator for housing issues that may arise
- Supports case managers in maintaining the case management file system.
- Support data entry and track data quality in client and program tracking data bases
- Prepares and sends correspondence as well as other administrative support services as needed
- Verifiable experience working with indigent and/or at-risk populations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being comfortable speaking to groups.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, willingness & ability to learn other applications as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to relate effectively and without judgment to diverse individuals
- Willing to travel to throughout Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson counties
- Knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Laws and Fair Housing Regulations.
- Experience working with landlords and/or property managment
- Placing homeless households with barriers into permanent housing, Housing First model
- Knowledge of Veteran services
- Database experience
This position is subject to funding through a federal grant.
Central Oregon Veterans Outreach is an equal opportunity, at-will, employer.
To apply reply with cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to email@example.com
Online Web application