If you are an Oregon homeowner who is unemployed, the Mortgage Payment Assistance Unemployment Program (MPAU) can help!
Through a program by the Oregon Homeownership Stabilizaton Initiative, Oregon Homeowners who are receiving unemployment benefits might be eligible to have temporary assistance to pay your mortgage.
Basic eligibility requirements
- Applicant is receiving unemployment insurance at the time of application
- Applicant does not own other residential property
- Applicant is not in active bankruptcy
Other available programs
To date, OHSI programs have provided over $265 million to help over 15,000 Oregon homeowners stay in their homes. OHSI offers several other programs to help struggling homeowners including:
- Help for those on a fixed income struggling to pay their mortgage
- Help with property tax payments, including those with a reverse mortgage
- Help with past due mortgage payments for those who can demonstrate they can pay their mortgage post-assistance.